Our care team
At La Plata Integrated Healthcare (LPIH), our care team takes an active role with you in your health and well-being. A variety of professionals may be part of your care team, depending on your health goals. At LPIH, you begin by establishing a primary healthcare relationship that expands to meet your needs.
Your care options
- Primary healthcare: We offer care across all life stages, including wellness visits, family healthcare, immunizations, nutrition guidance, diabetes education and chronic illness management. We also offer a healthcare program for people experiencing homelessness.
- Behavioral healthcare: We know that behavioral healthcare is an important part of your overall health. At LPIH, we regularly check in with you to respond to any behavioral health needs you may have. We offer a range of behavioral healthcare options, including counseling, substance use treatment, psychiatric evaluation and medication managment.
- Oral healthcare: We ask you about your dental needs and coordinate access to oral healthcare, either in the community or at our Axis Health System Oral Health Clinic in Durango. Once established as a patient at our AHS Oral Health Clinic, you can even have the option to schedule routine cleanings at LPIH if that is more convenient for you.
- Insurance enrollment assistance
- Nutrition counseling and diabetes education
- Help getting back to work
- Coordination of transportation, housing, food and other basic needs
Now accepting new patients
We welcome new patients, and offer a variety of payment options. Medicare, Medicaid, CHP+ and most insurances are accepted, and a sliding-fee scale is available for those who qualify. Same-day visits are available at this clinic. You can call the morning you need care and have a visit the same day, or as soon as possible the next day.
Community Health CenterLa Plata Integrated Healthcare is one of Axis Health System's three federally designated Community Health Center (CHC) sites. CHCs are located in medically underserved areas throughout the nation. CHCs make comprehensive primary care accessible to all people regardless of insurance status and improve the health of the whole community.