Axis Health System is now accepting health insurance through Southwest Health Alliance for both medical and behavioral healthcare at its locations across Southwest Colorado.
An initiative of the Local First Foundation, Southwest Health Alliance is a partner of Peak Health Alliance, a nonprofit healthcare purchasing alliance serving Colorado. The goal of this alliance is to keep care local, reduce premiums and create better access for important needs – particularly behavioral healthcare. As of January 2021, people who have chosen Southwest Health Alliance can use their benefits with providers in the Bright Health network at Axis Health System’s eight locations across Southwest Colorado. Southwest Health Alliance insurance holders may use their benefits for primary care, behavioral health and a Medicare Advantage plan.
Elise Neyerlin, Peak Health Alliance director of outreach, said 2021 coverage is designed specifically for local residents. “Southwest Health Alliance is a local initiative that through negotiation, data analysis and community leverage works to gain more affordable and high quality health insurance.” Neyerlin said Southwest Health Alliance has greatly increased access to mental health care, and ensures any local provider who wants to participate in the Bright network will be welcome. “Axis’ partnership is crucial to ensuring Southwest Health Alliance members can use their benefits with trusted providers in the community.”
Southwest Health Alliance offers affordable, ACA-compliant plans for individuals and businesses that include improved access to behavioral health providers, unlimited doctor visits, zero-dollar copays, and other important communtiy needs.
Some benefits of the 2021 plan include:
- Plans with low and $0 deductibles
- Unlimited primary care and specialty care visits
- Flat dollar cost for services not subject to deductibles- MRI, LAB and XRAY
- Split deductible option- trade off RX and medical deductible
- Enhanced mental health benefits
- Expanded mental health network
- Reduce prior authorization burden
- Unlimited number of outpatient visits
- $0 behavioral health copays on almost all Southwest Health Alliance plans that can be used at Axis clinics
- Low and $0 copays on primary care
- Pediatric dental coverage for all members 19 and under – great for families!
The Biden administration recently re-opened Open Enrollment for federal marketplaces. Our state marketplace, Connect for Health Colorado, is following suit. In Colorado, people can enroll in Southwest Health Alliance from Feb. 8 to May 15. To learn more about enrollment, visit https://southwesthealthalliance.org/