Program supports isolated, at-risk older adults in La Plata County.
How to connect to care
Are you concerned about an older person? Call Senior Reach! If you want to refer an older adult, volunteer as a Community Partner, or get more information about Senior Reach or issues that impact an older adult’s health, contact Senior Reach at 970.335.2217. Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Filling an important community need
Senior Reach is an Axis Health System program for La Plata County adults over age 60. It offers support for the well-being, independence and dignity of older adults through community education, mental health services and connection to local resources. Senior Reach is a national, evidence-based program that is having a profound impact in the community and has proven highly successful in decreasing depression, anxiety, feelings of hopelessness and social isolation among seniors.
- It’s a community program that identifies older adults who may need emotional or physical support and/or connection to community services.
- It’s a simple way to help older adults get assistance before a serious crisis develops.
- It’s a strong partnership between agencies, businesses and community-minded individuals.
Training for community partners
Senior Reach trains community members to identify older adults who may need emotional or physical support. Community partners contact our call center to discuss their concerns and make a referral. The Senior Reach Specialist will talk with the senior to determine need and willingness for intervention. If the older adult agrees, Senior Reach will help connect them with appropriate services.
Senior Reach services
- Care management referrals
- Connection and referral to a variety of community resources
- Depression screening and treatment
- Identification and early intervention of prescription drug misuse or abuse
- Support for family members regarding Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
- Educating family caregivers on specific skills to assist in caring for their loved one
Signs someone may need assistance
- Confusion, disorientation
- Difficulty seeing, hearing, walking
- Recent loss of a spouse
- Anxious, depressed
- Withdrawn or isolated
- Loss of appetite
- Unkempt, dirty clothes
- Home needs repair
- Trash or mail being neglected
- Confused about money matters
If you want to refer an older adult, volunteer as a Community Partner, or get more information about Senior Reach or issues that impact an older adult’s health, contact Senior Reach at 970.335.2217. Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Need help now?
Our team can help you while you’re waiting for a scheduled visit. You don’t have to be in crisis. We are here for you day and night. Call the Axis Care Hotline to talk about your mental health or substance use concerns. 970.247.5245. You will be quickly connected to local services and a team will respond immediately. Professional and compassionate care providers will answer your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Axis Health System is a provider of Colorado Crisis System Services. Funded in part by the Colorado Department of Human Services.
Axis Health System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Axis Health System does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. For more information, click here.