Substance Use Treatment
We can meet your needs with a variety of substance use treatment across the region.
Substance use treatment is available at these locations:
Substance use treatment
If you’re struggling with substance use problems, you’re not alone. We’re here to help.
Substance use is a pattern of harmful use of any substance to alter your mood. Substances can include alcohol and other drugs (illegal or not) as well as some substances that are not drugs at all. Substance “abuse” can result because you are using a substance in a way that is not intended or recommended, or because you are using more than prescribed. If you drink enough to get frequent hangovers; use enough drugs that you miss work or school; smoke enough marijuana that you have lost friends; or often drink or use more than you intended to use, your substance use may be at the abuse level.
If you’re concerned about your substance use, our experienced team is ready to help you with alcohol and drug treatment. Axis Health System has been the primary licensed provider of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment services in Southwest Colorado since 1972. Axis serves people with dual mental health and substance use diagnoses and has specialized services for patients with dual-diagnosis.
If you need alcohol and drug treatment, please call one of our clinics listed on this page. A staff member will ask you a few questions and connect you with a provider. An assessment will be the first step in your treatment. Our services are delivered in a welcoming environment that respects your decision to seek treatment. We honor your background, irrespective of your culture, national origin, language, sexual orientation, or any other factor. Our services are focused on helping you improve your health and well-being.
We provide the following services across the region for those experiencing substance use:
- 24/7 Crisis services at 970.247.5245
- DUI Services including Level II education and therapy and Four Plus.
- Family counseling
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT): Axis provides suboxone treatment at La Plata Integrated Healthcare. Please check with your doctor on the right medication for opioid addiction and call the Axis location nearest you for more information.
- Occupational counseling
- Prevention services
- Psychiatric Evaluation/Medication Management
- Referrals to appropriate long-term or inpatient treatment facilities
- Smoking cessation
- Social detox services at Crossroads at Grandview in Durango
- Substance use evaluations
- Vocational counseling
Groups will be offered on an individual basis by the behavioral health provider.
We can help you:
- Identify if you have a substance abuse problem
- Learn about your triggers for use and identify high-risk substance use situations
- Develop personalized action plans to help you reach your short and long-term treatment goals
- Build on personal strengths to maintain desired changes
- Connect with appropriate community services (e.g. detox, inpatient, housing, and vocational services).
Contact the location nearest you to learn more about your options.
Drug and alcohol monitoring
Axis Health System’s alcohol and substance use monitoring program provides accurate and certified testing. Our testing services are available to: families and individuals, pretrial services, probation, wellness courts, Department of Human Services, employers and more. Testing is affordable and results are rapid. Hours of operation: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.
medication assisted treatment
If you or someone you know is concerned about the use of opiates (painkillers), we can help. Our Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program is the use of medications to help you move toward recovery and protect against overdose. It is often connected with counseling to help you get the most benefits and feel better as soon as possible.
Axis Health System is a provider of Colorado Crisis System Services. Funded in part by the Colorado Department of Human Services.
Axis Health System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Axis Health System does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. For more information, click here.